Drives Logic is helping our growing client add a full time experienced Web Designer to their Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing practice. The person will be responsible for defining and influencing strategy and supporting our clients by designing websites and related multimedia products in support of government communications and outreach campaigns. The right individual should be intellectually curious; a problem-solver who is creative and passionate about delivering high quality and engaging products for our clients and those they serve. Must be a team player who collaborates well with others, and who is also a strong individual contributor.
Our client is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area providing management consulting services to Federal agencies and organizations supporting the public sector. With many years of public sector expertise, they offer exceptional client services in the areas of Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing (SCIM), Information Technology (IT), Human Capital Management, Organizational Development, and Enterprise Optimization. They are team oriented, continuous learners, hard-working, creative thinkers, and most of all, kind people. They are a different kind of company with a truly unique culture, one that values their employees and shares a passion for serving their clients. If that sounds like you too, then they would really like to meet you.
- Plan, manage, and execute web design and front-end development tasks from start to finish, including conducting web audits and assessments, consulting, creating sitemaps and wireframes, prototyping, designing, and developing UX/UI, testing, and managing content.
- Work directly with clients and in coordination with teams to execute tasks that accomplish established objectives and leverage industry leading methods and strategies.
- Design and code creative website assets, including buttons and controls, banners, ads, emails, and landing pages.
- Develop website content and graphics, such as images, icons, banners, and audio enhancements.
- Oversee products from inception to completion.
- Create and present storyboards, wireframes, and/or mockups of ideas for project teams and clients.
- Plan, design, develop, execute, and maintain websites and landing pages that meet 508 compliance standards.
- Ensure consistent branding on all materials prior to client delivery.
- Collect and analyze website metrics via Google Analytics and provide recommendations for website improvement.
- Act as visual storyteller, offering creative solutions based on written and visual content.
- Maintain strong awareness of changes in website trends, tools, technologies, and advancements in industry.
- Think critically and apply customer and industry insight to solve client problems creatively and quickly.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Web Design or Development, Fine Arts, Photography, Communications, Media, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience working for a Creative Agency, PR/Marketing Agency, communications and marketing practice, government and/or government contractor, or non-profit
- Excellent samples of work must be available electronically for review
- Demonstrated proficiency coding forms, and video players
- Demonstrated expertise in CSS and designing and developing responsive websites
- Demonstrated experience testing web browser compatibility.
- Expert in multiple content management systems (Moveable Type: MTML template language; TeamSite: .ASP; Drupal: .PHP) including content entry, editing, workflow, and publishing to be able to evaluate efficiency of platforms, manage content changes, troubleshoot, and recommend critical changes as required
- Experience implementing WCAG accessibility features for 508 compliances
- Proven ability to produce low-to-hi fidelity wireframes for interactive websites
- Experience in applying best practices in Information Architecture and User Interface design
- Skilled use of design software applications included in the most current version of Adobe Creative Suite, including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, XD, and InDesign in support of graphic design, web design, and other multimedia deliverables
- Strong graphic design skills and the ability to design and develop in multiple print and digital mediums
- Strong understanding of typography, layout, color, and aligning new materials to existing branding guidelines
- Meticulous attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work in team setting or independently
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and deliver multiple complex projects/priorities and keep them on deadline
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the US for any employer as sponsorship is not available for this position
- Ability to obtain a US government security clearance
- Preference will be given to qualified Veteran candidates
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Prior government contractor experience
- Experience using version 6.0.3 with Community Pack 2.02, Professional Pack 1.82 for Moveable Type CMS
- Demonstrated experience using and maintaining an SVN account.
- Experience in health, benefits, IT communications and/or with Veteran and/or military audiences
- Experience with Human Centered Design and/or conducting user research and/or testing
- Section 508 compliance experience
*Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org