Drives Logic is helping our growing client add a full time Senior Communications Consultant to their Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing practice. The right individual has a strong background in content creation, outreach and partnership development, and strategic communications. The ideal consultant should possess strong writing, communication, presentation, and organizational skills as well as strong attention to detail. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, proactive problem solver, and action-oriented team player. They must also be committed to providing superior service, poised under fast-paced pressure, and have a positive and flexible attitude. Our clients team members have experience in research, communication plans and strategies, strategic messaging, developing, and disseminating materials, and utilizing traditional and nontraditional social marketing and communications strategies. Our clients are primarily agencies and departments of the Federal Government.
Our client is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area providing management consulting services to Federal agencies and organizations supporting the public sector. With many years of public sector expertise, they offer exceptional client services in the areas of Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing (SCIM), Information Technology (IT), Human Capital Management, Organizational Development, and Enterprise Optimization. They are team oriented, continuous learners, hard-working, creative thinkers, and most of all, kind people. They are a different kind of company with a truly unique culture, one that values their employees and shares a passion for serving their clients. If that sounds like you too, then they would really like to meet you.
- Support nationwide internal and external communications campaigns
- Provide strategic guidance to government programs around the latest communications strategies to reach their key audiences.
- Strategize and create original ideas for reaching and engaging target audiences and communicating key messages
- Develop materials such as communication plans, fact sheets, FAQ sheets, website content, talking points, newsletters, and email messages to support campaigns.
- Help coordinate development of print/web materials and ensure adherence to branding strategies, including presentations, brochures, data, images, proposals, and reports
- Conduct research and provide data analysis like environmental scanning and conducting focus groups.
- Coordinate and lead meetings with clients
- Generate creative and original ideas for reaching and engaging target audiences and communicating key messages especially around complex topics like risk and compliance in health care settings
- Assist in maintenance of project documentation
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree highly desired, preferably in communications, marketing, public relations, public health, or a related field. Project management professional certification is a plus.
- 5 – 8 years of professional experience
- Experience/background in public health, health care, benefits, and/or health communications
- Experience in communications/marketing and a fundamental knowledge of core communications/marketing best practices
- Excellent writing, conceptual, and copy-editing skills
- Creative and analytical thinking skills
- Strong oral communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work in team setting or independently
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the US for any employer as sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Ability to obtain a US government security clearance
- Preference will be given to qualified Veteran candidates
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Prefer experience working for a consulting organization, PR/Marketing Agency, Association, and/or a government contractor.
- Prefer experience with planning, developing, and implementing, communications, marketing/public relations activities, including developing communications plans, strategies, messages, and tactics as part of an outreach or education campaign
- Prefer experience with Human Centered Design
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
*Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org