Drives Logic is helping our growing client add a full time Network Systems Engineer to serve as a member of a Tier III support team that transitions complex network engineering solutions from pure architectural to pure operational environments, for all systems supported by the Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) Network Security Operations Center (NSOC) within the Office of Information Security (OIS).
Our client is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area providing management consulting services to Federal agencies and organizations supporting the public sector. With many years of public sector expertise, they offer exceptional client services in the areas of Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing (SCIM), Information Technology (IT), Human Capital Management, Organizational Development, and Enterprise Optimization. They are team oriented, continuous learners, hard-working, creative thinkers, and most of all, kind people. They are a different kind of company with a truly unique culture, one that values their employees and shares a passion for serving their clients. If that sounds like you too, then they would really like to meet you.
Core activities under this engagement include
- Coordinates the planning, design, and installation of equipment, using knowledge of engineering and programming as well as sophisticated instruments and computers
- Participates in system conceptual design and documentation of the design concepts.
- Installs all new hardware, systems, and software for networks.
- Designs, creates, and builds network services, equipment, and devices.
- Generates system level requirements verification procedures and customer acceptance test procedures.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements.
- Work with architectural engineering teams to transition new and upgraded network and security solutions to operational teams, by assisting with the design, testing, and implementation of new or refreshed technology in a large government enterprise network
- Documenting all information required to transition the support of new and refreshed technologies from architecture/Tier IV support to operational/Tier II support, in alignment with the production implementation of the solution
- Facilitating documentation acceptance by receiving teams
- Documenting relevant service desk/Tier I knowledge artifacts
- Documenting relevant user information, to include user guides, client software installation guides, and frequently asked questions
- Provide training to Tiers I and II support teams, prior to and following deployment
- During transitional life cycle, become a subject matter expert on the technology being deployed
- Following deployment, provide Tier III support for all solutions transitioned through the team; to include updating documentation as required in a fluid network operations environment
- Provide Tier III level support for all network and security systems supported by the VA NSOC, to include in depth analysis and troubleshooting using network sniffers and other network management tools
- Tier III support includes change control facilitation with associated implementation, testing, and back out plan documentation, and some maintenance window and 24x7x365 on-call escalation tasks, followed by detailed after action documentation and appropriate communication to leadership
- Assist with compliance reporting and remediation
- Track all efforts in VA NSOC trouble ticketing system
- Provide recommendations for improving standard operating procedures and troubleshooting techniques based on lessons learned by providing Tier III support
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- Five to Eight years of relevant experience is required (eight years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be a subject matter expert in Network Engineering (Cisco, Citrix, Palo Alto, F5 Load Balancing).
- Have a thorough understanding of the OSI model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP
- Experience with the design/architect/implement of medium to large sized networks and have deployed said technologies in these networks.
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work in team setting or independently
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the US for any employer as sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Ability to obtain a US government security clearance – Tier 4 High Background Investigation required
- Preference will be given to qualified Veteran candidates
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Competency: Experience providing government contracting services.
- Knowledge: Knowledge in the area of cybersecurity network architecture or related function.
- Problem Solving: Ability to collaborate with other engineering teams.
- Supervision: Ability to take the lead on technical assignments and projects.
- Education / Experience: Experience with ticketing systems.
- Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CCA-N
- Miscellaneous: Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and flexibility
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
*Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com