Drives Logic is helping our growing client add a full time Network Systems Engineer to work with a team of network engineers / administrators that is part of an operations group providing 24/7/365 support to maintain and analyze large, diversified networks comprised of Cisco Routers, Switches, and Firewalls on MPLS and UVN networks dedicated for connectivity to the Department of Veteran Affairs private network.
Our client is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area providing management consulting services to Federal agencies and organizations supporting the public sector. With many years of public sector expertise, they offer exceptional client services in the areas of Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing (SCIM), Information Technology (IT), Human Capital Management, Organizational Development, and Enterprise Optimization. They are team oriented, continuous learners, hard-working, creative thinkers, and most of all, kind people. They are a different kind of company with a truly unique culture, one that values their employees and shares a passion for serving their clients. If that sounds like you too, then they would really like to meet you.
- Experience configurating ACLs rules for Palo Alto firewalls (Required)
- Packet capture and analysis to assist with troubleshooting efforts, through Palo Altos. (Required)
- Experience setting up Site-to-Site VPNs utilizing Cisco Firewalls and/or Cisco Routers including IPSEC
- Packet capture and analysis to assist with troubleshooting efforts, through Palo Alto. (Required)
- Knowledge of multi-area OSPF, BGP and MPLS environments
- Experience with network management tools
- Daily functions include checking the status of various parts of the network by each shift and updating documents that reflect our daily support.
- Be a member of a team that will manage Cisco firewalls, write configuration, implement, and test.
- Familiarity and experience monitoring networks using tools Solarwinds, NGenius and NOM.
- Familiarity with ticketing systems (project uses Telcos) and providing follow up until circuit has been restored.
- Demonstrated ability to configure a Cisco router/switch/firewall via command line interface
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required.
- Five years of experience as a network engineer / administrator is required (eight years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education on a case-by-case basis).
- Applicants shall have six months to obtain an industry standard certification. Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), Network+, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP), or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE).
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work in team setting or independently
- Applicants must have the legal right to work in the US for any employer as sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Ability to obtain a US government security clearance – Tier 4 High Background Investigation required
- Preference will be given to qualified Veteran candidates
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Basic concept of setting up Site-to-Site VPNs utilizing Cisco Firewalls and/or Cisco Routers.
- Desired experience with the following technologies includes:
- Citrix Access Gateway (ISE) and NetScaler’s
- Cisco Any Connect VPN
- Remote Access Solutions
- Cisco ASDM
- CCNA Security or CCNP Security
- CCNA (route/switch) or CCNP
- Experience with Ticketing systems
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
*Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org