Drives Logic is helping our growing client add a full time Lead Recruiter – in house to support its internal needs for talent acquisitions. The ideal candidate will have experience as a hands-on recruiter in the government contracting industry and must be an independent, self-starter with a can-do approach to filling positions. An entrepreneurial spirit who is also able to coordinate people and positions with finesse and openness.
Our client is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area providing management consulting services to Federal agencies and organizations supporting the public sector. With many years of public sector expertise, they offer exceptional client services in the areas of Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing (SCIM), Information Technology (IT), Human Capital Management, Organizational Development, and Enterprise Optimization. They are team oriented, continuous learners, hard-working, creative thinkers, and most of all, kind people. They are a different kind of company with a truly unique culture, one that values their employees and shares a passion for serving their clients. If that sounds like you too, then they would really like to meet you.
The Lead Recruiter will coordinate the activities of an internal recruiting team, overseeing all open position activities, coordinating with external recruiters, and organizing recruiting efforts outside the company such as job fairs, college recruiting, and job boards postings. This position will also be responsible for administering the ATS, budgeting, reporting, planning, and strategizing for compensation, recruiting, and hiring efforts. Specific activities include:
- Experience in full life cycle recruiting activities
- Develop sourcing strategies for talented and diverse candidates through creative methods such as networking, job posting, data mining of the internet, on-line databases, social media, employee referrals, networking, cold calling, competitor research, career fairs, college recruiting, etc.
- Create and/or refine position descriptions, assessments, scorecards, and other supporting documentation, in collaboration with hiring managers
- Cultivated knowledge in hiring practices related to cultural competence
- Screening candidates in various stages of our ATS and moving qualified candidates through our pipeline for current or future positions
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple open positions
- Ability to communicate with internal recruiting team, hiring managers and executives to best understand the unique needs of our clients and contracts to create position descriptions and source/identify the right candidates for the role
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in government contract recruiting, whether internal or agency
- Proven proactive methods of successful recruiting tactics…Must be a hunter in diverse arenas
- Must be extremely flexible to adapt to different personalities, requirements, work speeds, learning styles
- Proficient in recruitment marketing and social media to best advertise all open positions
- Ability to ensure that departmental goals and KPIs are clearly defined and being met to reduce the length of time a position is open
- Have solid relationship building skills combined with basic GovCon knowledge
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Discretionary bonus tied to achieved performance goals
- This position is a flexible 40-hour week and may include weekends, as needed
- Preference will be given to qualified Veteran candidates
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- College education preferred, work experience in lieu of degree accepted
- Knowledge of recruitment laws and policies
- Knowledge of basic HR benefits and policies
- Knowledge of ApplicantPro
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, MS, Teams, Office 360, SharePoint
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Frequently required to sit and work at desk/computer for extended periods of time of up to 8 hours a day
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear
- Must be able to have repetitive wrist/hand/finger movement to work on computer and/or related office equipment
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- The employee must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
*Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org