Drives Logic is helping our growing client add a Java Developer with proven abilities to support software development activities in an Agile software development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills and be a US Citizen with a CAC or Active Secret clearance.
Our client is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area providing management consulting services to Federal agencies and organizations supporting the public sector. With many years of public sector expertise, they offer exceptional client services in the areas of Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing (SCIM), Information Technology (IT), Human Capital Management, Organizational Development, and Enterprise Optimization. They are team oriented, continuous learners, hard-working, creative thinkers, and most of all, kind people. They are a different kind of company with a truly unique culture, one that values their employees and shares a passion for serving their clients. If that sounds like you too, then they would really like to meet you.
- Work independently and collaboratively on multi-disciplined project team supporting an Agile development methodology.
- Contribute to detailed design and architectural discussions as well as customer requirements sessions to support the implementation of Java applications.
- Design and develop clear and maintainable code along with documentation and testing results
- Complete assigned development tasks on time and on budget
- Interact with a multi-disciplined team to clarify analyze, assess requirements-
- Actively involved in the design, development and testing activities for web applications.
- Help recommend strategic architectural and technical directions to our clients
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Hands on experience using object-oriented programming languages and concepts (7 years); as well as experience working with Virtual Machine (VM) configurations, Windows Servers (2012, 2008, etc.)
- Strong experience using Java and Java Spring
- Knowledge in Relational Databases, such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL, or similar
- Fluency in Java/J2EE, JSP, Web Services Development using Eclipse IDE, Ant, Maven and database development tools such as Oracle SQL Developer and TOAD.
- Experience in development frameworks such as Spring, Dojo, Jquery, or Angular
- Excellent analytical and assessment skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well in a team.
- Exposure to Agile approaches to software development and UML.
- Security+ is required
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Computer Science or Math preferred)
Client Clearance Requirements
- US Citizenship required
- Active DOD Top Secret clearance is required.
- Ability to obtain Federal Agency suitability clearance required.
*Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com