Drives Logic is helping our growing client add a DoD Director of Business Development in support of cybersecurity growth opportunities specifically within the Air Force OR Navy and Marine Corps. The primary focus of this position is new business opportunity identification, qualification, and support through capture and win of strategic bids. A successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of building and maintaining a pipeline of growth opportunities, selling and winning in full and open and/or small business markets, and increasing revenue, both through existing account expansion and net new leads.
The position will report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) leading our client’s company growth and work directly with the Vice President over our client’s Defense Group. A preferred candidate will be based in either the Washington, DC area or the Tidewater region of Virginia.
- Lead business development to identify, qualify and win new strategic opportunities resulting in revenue growth.
- Build and maintain a robust qualified pipeline of opportunities aligning with our client’s strategic cybersecurity growth vision and customer account plans.
- Engage customers in identifying and shaping potential opportunities using knowledge of company capabilities, customer relationships, contract vehicles/acquisition strategy and past performance.
- Identify and execute strategic win themes. Acquire competitive intelligence and participate in developing winning technical solutions.
- Be results driven, participating in all aspects of a complete capture process that results in the award of programs.
- Work well in a highly productive, highly accountable, small team environment.
- Understand and utilize our client’s services and products, strategic partnerships, vehicles and past performances.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ experience; four (4) years’ experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- 5 years’ experience identifying and shaping relevant technical opportunities including cybersecurity services and solutions.
- Proven record of successfully shaping technical opportunities and building customer relationships within Air Force OR Navy and Marine Corps.
- Proven record of relevant new business wins and ability to enter new markets. Prefer portfolio of submittals and awards that include experience in all types of government contracts (FFP, T&M, Cost Plus) and full array of capture strategies (e.g., net new business, incumbent capture, sole source).
- Established and extensive customer relationships with a variety of government agencies in the cybersecurity sectors of the Air Force OR Navy and Marine Corps.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills working with and presenting to customers, company technical leaders, business executives and industry partners/teammates.
- Ability to simultaneously manage and execute the full business development lifecycle for multiple opportunities.
- Proven ability to form and maintain strategic industry partnerships with large and small businesses in the federal market.
*Our client does business with the federal government, which restricts employment to individuals who are wither US citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States.
*Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com