Drives Logic is helping our growing client add a full time Consultant to support and interact directly with our Federal client and the client team on a regular basis. Our client delivers impactful, targeted results in the area of Enterprise Optimization by providing confidently high-quality services, trusted advisor guidance and support to federal entities and leadership undergoing significant change, retrofits or performance improvement mandates. This management consultant role requires broad experience helping enterprise-level leaders succeed in complex operating environments across the Federal domain. The Consultant is a respected professional responsible to provide technical assistance, interface with Federal staff at all levels, and translate ideas and direction into agenda-moving activity. Work may include gap analysis, goal and activity alignment, and operational effectiveness analysis as well as research and fact-finding in support of knowledge creation for performance improvement. Substantively, work falls into various professional disciplines, including: human capital, performance support, data analytics, human resources, capture and reporting, executive advisory, and project management. The Consultant must deliver impactful, targeted results based upon adaptive learning of the client’s core business functions. Prior management consulting experience allows the Consultant to comprehend and interpret leadership’s goals and agenda, envision success, anticipate hurdles, articulate, and set paths forward, and execute above and beyond expectations. The ability to communicate exceptionally well in formal and informal settings, as well as in written documents such as e-mail, white papers, and planning and reporting documents, is a distinguishing factor for the Consultant. Likewise, the capacity to apply common technologies such as MS Project, SharePoint, Excel, and PowerBI to improve basic operations is central to exceeding expectations. All this work occurs in a highly interactive, collaborative model.
Our client is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area providing management consulting services to Federal agencies and organizations supporting the public sector. With many years of public sector expertise, they offer exceptional client services in the areas of Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing (SCIM), Information Technology (IT), Human Capital Management, Organizational Development, and Enterprise Optimization. They are team oriented, continuous learners, hard-working, creative thinkers, and most of all, kind people. They are a different kind of company with a truly unique culture, one that values their employees and shares a passion for serving their clients. If that sounds like you too, then they would really like to meet you.
Core activities under this engagement include
- Comprehensive planning support, skilled execution across the performance support and augmentation spectrum
- Data analytics and data management
- Strategic and operational planning
- Priority project management
- Operational analysis and improvement
- Skill deployment and balancing
- Reporting and analytics
- Enterprise data system implementation and facilitation
- Active project management and prioritization, and experience-based trusted advisory services.
- The pace of change and improvement is rapid with the priorities changing frequently. To succeed, the Consultant must possess the passion to ramp-up quickly in multiple subject-matter areas, to skillfully communicate and scale activities in selected areas for the benefit of the client, and to always meet and exceed professional expectations.
Relevant professional services experience in a Federal contracting context.
- Rapidly prioritize competing requirements
- Understand and simplify customer requirements
- Contextualize and articulate client feedback to other DIS team personnel
- Interpret and anticipate client needs, feedback, and direction.
- Documented experience expertly developing, writing, and editing material for memos, reports, proposals, speeches, and technical and administrative procedures.
- Shaping and analyzing data sets to define recommendations
- Researching, analyzing, and assessing the impact of strategic initiatives
- Providing recommendations for mission statements; strategies, goals, and objectives; regulations, policies, and operational tactics; and staff activities
- Conducting organizational assessments
- Developing recommended metrics and indicators for performance monitoring
- Benchmarking metrics and indicators against past performance and strategic goals and objectives
- Developing databases, dashboards, reports, and other performance reporting tools
- Performing client-sensitive quality assurance.
- Training or certification in designing, documenting, and maintaining system processes.
- Ability and passion to exceed professional expectations.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant experience in two or more of the following: Operational Analysis, Data and Gap Analysis, Performance Improvement, High Performing teams, Human Resources, and/or Quality Assurance.
- 2-4+ years management consulting experience, ideally with the public sector.
- Bachelor’s in Business, Public Administration, or similar degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Proven experience eliciting requirements and developing models, flows and SOPs.
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools; intermediate-levels skill with Excel and either Power BI or Tableau are Day One skills.
- Experience in generating process documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills.
- Experience in Human Resources, developing Position Descriptions/Performance Standards, etc.
- Strong client relationship-building skills, capacity and interest.
Client Clearance Requirements
- Must be able to pass a government Security Background Investigation
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
*Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com