Drives Logic is helping our growing client add a motivated, career and customer-oriented Application Support Engineer to support our client at the Department of Defense in Alexandria, VA.
Our client is a proud Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business based in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area providing management consulting services to Federal agencies and organizations supporting the public sector. With many years of public sector expertise, they offer exceptional client services in the areas of Strategic Communications and Integrated Marketing (SCIM), Information Technology (IT), Human Capital Management, Organizational Development, and Enterprise Optimization. They are team oriented, continuous learners, hard-working, creative thinkers, and most of all, kind people. They are a different kind of company with a truly unique culture, one that values their employees and shares a passion for serving their clients. If that sounds like you too, then they would really like to meet you.
- Install, configure, and support software and hardware packages.
- Make recommendations and how to improve the process and procedures used to support the systems
- Work with various project teams to assist with installing, configuring, testing, and troubleshooting applications.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 3 years of experience or equivalent blend of degree level education and experience
- Secret clearance required, along with a Sec+ certification
- Complete understanding of Windows workstation/server operating systems
- Experience creating, modifying, and testing batch files
- Experience using Windows10 maker
- Experience creating MSI packages in install shield
- Experience creating VB Scripts
- Experience testing Software and Hardware
- Understanding of how to install, configure and support Windows 10 software packages.
- Understanding of how to identify and mitigate security findings (tool examples: ACAS, NESSUS, SCAP)
- Understanding of what HBSS/ and troubleshooting
- Understanding McAfee components
- Ability to work well with others
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills, and a strong work ethic
- Excellent troubleshooting and documentation skills
- DoD experience a plus
- Bachelor of Science Degree (Computer Science or Math preferred)
Client Clearance Requirements
- US Citizenship required
- Secret Clearance is required.
- Security+ Certificate is also required.
*Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, the basis of genetic information or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment may request such accommodation(s).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org